Good start for Cheddar teams
RIFLE SHOOTING - CHEDDAR Valley Rifle Club have reached the halfway point of the winter target shooting season.
CHEDDAR Valley Rifle Club have reached the halfway point of the winter target shooting season.
In Somerset County matches, the A team of Ruth Bell, Trevor Paisey, Dave Oatley, Keith Thickett and Mike Griffith hold third place in their division. The club's team of eight have reached the semi-final of the knockout competition for the Davey Cup and in the individual league, Tristan Wilson is fourth in Division 6 and Richard Saunders second in Division 7. Also, congratulations to B team member Gaynor Avery for her first 100.
In the Bristol and District League fixtures, the A team of Ruth Bell, Trevor Paisey, Alex Thwaite and Keith Thickett and the B team of Dave Oatley, John Ham, Tom Paisey and Tony Thwaite are both in first place in Divisions 1 and 3 respectively.
In the Shoulder to Shoulder League, where teams shoot against each other at the same time on the same range, the A team leads Division 1 by a narrow margin with one match remaining.
You may also want to watch:
In Ulster Counties East individual competitions, Ruth Bell is third in Division 7 at 25 yards and the best placed at 50 metres outdoors are Mike Griffin first in Division 2; Ruth third and Division 3 and Gaynor second in Division 5.
Seven members will be travelling to Okehampton in March to compete in the South West indoor championships at 25 yards and 25 metres.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 4 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
Cheddar Valley Rifle Club is an established and fully approved .22 calibre target rifle shooting club with their own 25-yard indoor range in the village. We welcome new members. All equipment needed is provided by the club. Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings between 7.30 andd 11pm.
For more information about the club and details of membership criteria, please contact the secretary on 01934 518098.
WESTON Rifle Club shot against Brislington in the Mullings Cup and lost 486 to 459. Mike Pheelan 92; B Thorne 93; J Thorne 94; E Wells 90; J Hockey 90.
Winter League, Rounds 11, 12, 13: Weston 470, Backwell A 463; Weston 463, Frome 464; Weston 473, Sedgwoor NR.
B Thorne 91, 95, 95; J Hockey 88, 92, 97; Mrs J Thorne 93, 88, 94; B Hockey 93, 89; E Wells 95, 95, 98; M Phelan 95.