Good start for skiers
Avon Ski Club start their summer racing season at Gloucester.
AVON Ski Club took part in the first meeting of the Summer Race League at the artificial slope in Gloucester.
Oliver Mathew had a stunning performance in the morning by coming first in the Under-9 age group, with Jon Sayers coming fourth. Max Shubert and Callum Black came 10th and 11th, bearing in mind they are seven and six-years-old respectively.
In the Under-12s, George Case (9), came fourth in his first race in this age group, still only nine. In the Under-15s Christian Plaster was the top runner, placed seventh and a hearty pat on the back to Andrea Platts-Smith in her first race, eighth in the Under-50s.
In the afternoon, racers raced against each other. Rebecca Penman was the best performer with two wins and a draw, followed by Callum Black, Jon Sayers and Alex Sayers with two wins.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, please contact the Fraser Black on 01934 427534.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker