Good start for skiers
Avon Ski Club start their summer racing season at Gloucester.
AVON Ski Club took part in the first meeting of the Summer Race League at the artificial slope in Gloucester.
Oliver Mathew had a stunning performance in the morning by coming first in the Under-9 age group, with Jon Sayers coming fourth. Max Shubert and Callum Black came 10th and 11th, bearing in mind they are seven and six-years-old respectively.
In the Under-12s, George Case (9), came fourth in his first race in this age group, still only nine. In the Under-15s Christian Plaster was the top runner, placed seventh and a hearty pat on the back to Andrea Platts-Smith in her first race, eighth in the Under-50s.
In the afternoon, racers raced against each other. Rebecca Penman was the best performer with two wins and a draw, followed by Callum Black, Jon Sayers and Alex Sayers with two wins.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, please contact the Fraser Black on 01934 427534.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences