Good start for skiers
Avon Ski Club has started off another Summer Race League season with a promising start.
AVON Ski Club has started off another Summer Race League season with a solid start.
Taking 17 racers to the Gloucester slope, Avon Ski Club have entered two teams this year, the second of which is in collaboration with Exeter Ski Club.
Both teams produced some great performances, with the Avon team edging the morning timed races, with a first place in the Under-12s for George Case, and fourth place in the Under-9s for seven-year-old Callum Black.
The Avex team’s best performance came from Peter Kennell, taking third place in the Under-35 category. In the afternoon, the tables turned with Avex gaining the better results in the head-to-head slaloms.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Black and Paige Thomas won all three of their races in the Under-12s and Kennell won all three of his to finish with 27 out of 30 points. Oliver Mathew, in his first year of the Under-12s also had a great day, coming fifth in the group and winning two of his three head-to-heads.
With six racers scoring over 20 points each and improved times from last year, this was a promising start to the season, and looks favourable for the upcoming South West Schools Championships.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 3 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3