Gordano go top
Broad Plain 0 pts Gordano Sharks 29 pts - GORDANO leapfrogged Imperial to top spot in the Somerset One League, with this emphatic, if bad tempered win.
Broad Plain 0 pts
Gordano Sharks 29 pts
GORDANO leapfrogged Imperial to top spot in the Somerset One League, with this emphatic, if bad tempered win.
After weathering an early storm from a pumped up Broad Plain, Gordano opened the scoring with a Matt Poulson penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Stepping up the pace, the visitors went into the break with a 13-0 advantage, thanks to tries from wing Alex Underwood and full-back Poulson, catching a deft kick to the corner flag by centre Dean Ashfield.
The Sharks fitter pack dominated in all areas, and a driving maul allowed flanker Ben Harvey to peel off and score on his long awaited comeback game.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
Number 10 Aaron French, who caused havoc in the hosts defence, started a move that saw young centre Josh Richards sidestep his way to the line. Then Underwood burnt off the Plain defence to secure his brace, following a good backs move.
The game was deteriorating, with both teams losing a man to the sin bin for fighting.
Flanker Paul Richards joined his son on the scoresheet before the overworked ref had enough and blew for time five minutes early.
Poulson had added two second half conversions to give the Sharks a 29-0 victory.