Gordano go top
Broad Plain 0 pts Gordano Sharks 29 pts - GORDANO leapfrogged Imperial to top spot in the Somerset One League, with this emphatic, if bad tempered win.
Broad Plain 0 pts
Gordano Sharks 29 pts
GORDANO leapfrogged Imperial to top spot in the Somerset One League, with this emphatic, if bad tempered win.
After weathering an early storm from a pumped up Broad Plain, Gordano opened the scoring with a Matt Poulson penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Stepping up the pace, the visitors went into the break with a 13-0 advantage, thanks to tries from wing Alex Underwood and full-back Poulson, catching a deft kick to the corner flag by centre Dean Ashfield.
The Sharks fitter pack dominated in all areas, and a driving maul allowed flanker Ben Harvey to peel off and score on his long awaited comeback game.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Number 10 Aaron French, who caused havoc in the hosts defence, started a move that saw young centre Josh Richards sidestep his way to the line. Then Underwood burnt off the Plain defence to secure his brace, following a good backs move.
The game was deteriorating, with both teams losing a man to the sin bin for fighting.
Flanker Paul Richards joined his son on the scoresheet before the overworked ref had enough and blew for time five minutes early.
Poulson had added two second half conversions to give the Sharks a 29-0 victory.