Weston Karate Club held its first grading of the new year at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
STUDENTS from Weston Karate Club attended its first grading of 2012 at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
Children from the age of seven to adults lined up side-by-side to take part in a one hour training session, which was then followed by the grading.
All of the club members who attended the grading have worked hard over the past several months and have had to learn their individual kata (a set routine of movements) basics and kumite skills.
Only when each student can demonstrate an improvement of their knowledge and techniques, are they entered into the grading. Twenty-two of the club’s members took part and were successful at various levels in passing their grading.
Extra congratulations go out to Max Withers and Kurt Neal. These two students were singled out for their marked improvement and effort on the day. Max, aged eight, trains with his brother Joe and father, Rob. Kurt (10) showed good body control.
New beginner’s sessions are starting now at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on Mondays and Wednesdays. The first two weeks are free. For further information, contact Kevin or Michelle on 01934 624713 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 4 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 5 A38 crash leaves passenger with 'potentially life-threatening injuries'
- 6 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 7 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 8 ELECTION: By-election candidate announced by Conservatives
- 9 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 10 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate