Weston Karate Club held its first grading of the new year at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
STUDENTS from Weston Karate Club attended its first grading of 2012 at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
Children from the age of seven to adults lined up side-by-side to take part in a one hour training session, which was then followed by the grading.
All of the club members who attended the grading have worked hard over the past several months and have had to learn their individual kata (a set routine of movements) basics and kumite skills.
Only when each student can demonstrate an improvement of their knowledge and techniques, are they entered into the grading. Twenty-two of the club’s members took part and were successful at various levels in passing their grading.
You may also want to watch:
Extra congratulations go out to Max Withers and Kurt Neal. These two students were singled out for their marked improvement and effort on the day. Max, aged eight, trains with his brother Joe and father, Rob. Kurt (10) showed good body control.
New beginner’s sessions are starting now at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on Mondays and Wednesdays. The first two weeks are free. For further information, contact Kevin or Michelle on 01934 624713 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3