Grand Pier helps out North Somerset schools
- Credit: Archant
The Grand Pier has sponsored the North Somerset Schools Football Asssociation when they travel to the Isle of Wight for a tournament.
SIXTEEN boys from all over North Somerset will be attending the Isle of Wight Football Festival in April, thanks to sponsorship from the Grand Pier.
The schoolboys are being taken to the festival by the North Somerset Schools Football Association. They represent a large percentage of the 10 secondary schools in the area and will play four matches over five days.
Priory school PE teacher Callum Thompson, who is leading the trip said: “We are absolutely delighted to have received sponsorship from the Grand Pier.
“The boys will experience what it is like to be a professional footballer, eating, living, training and competing together. The generous donation from the Grand Pier has meant that all the players can represent their district in a brand new kit.”
You may also want to watch:
Grand Pier owner Kerry Michael said: “I am delighted we have been able to support the North Somerset Schools Football Association and wish them luck on the Isle of Wight.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre