Grand Pier Stages Rally rolls into town
Weston Motor Club’s Grand Pier Stages Rally takes place this weekend around the town.
WESTON Motor Club’s Grand Pier Stages Rally, sponsored by Paul Sellick Brickworks, rolls into town this weekend.
Crews will be coming from all areas of the South West, including local motor club members as well as the south coast and the home counties to compete against each other with a wide range of cars including Toyota Corolla WRC, Subaru Imprezas, Ford Escorts Mk1 and MkII, also Peugeot 205s and Honda Civics.
Come and see the cars at scrutineering in the Howards Honda dealership by the railway station from 1.30pm and the cars will be parked in the Princess Square, opposite the Grand Pier, from 3pm on Saturday, with live interviews with the crews before they start the first of two runs of the seafront special stage at 5pm and again at 6pm and it’s free to watch.
The service area for the rally will be based in the Locking Road coach park and rally HQ will be based in the Brewers Fayre, adjoining the Premier Inn at the junction of Carlton Street and Beach Road.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, the rally will be based from the Locking Road car park where you will be able to see the cars being worked upon between the stages.
The start of the first of the day stages will be at the Weston end of the Toll Road, starting about 9.20am. This stage will be used four times in the morning from the Weston end and four times in the afternoon from the Kewstoke end. The other location includes the old airfield from about 10.30am on Sunday morning.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
Prizegiving will be held at the Brewers Fayre in the Premier Inn at about 5pm on Sunday.