Guy leads throughout
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club member Guy Bradford led throughout the Bleadon Levels 10k race.
WESTON Athletic Club runners, clearly refreshed after their extra hour in bed, came out strongly to take on the annual Bleadon Levels 10k.
Guy Bradford led throughout to win the race in 39.45. The next Weston men to finish were Josh Harris in 42.24 and John Oaten, hot on his heels, in 42.33. First club female over the line was Nia Davies, finishing in 50.30, followed by Belinda Dachtler in 1.09.12.
At the other end of North Somerset, the inaugural Nightingale Nightmare 10k took place in Leigh Woods. Niki Fulstow finished in 51.34, Barry Walker in 52.12 and Ruth Green in 58.39.
In the Ashton Court 10k, Steve Kibblewhite finished 44th overall and was first Weston male over the line in 46.02. Colin Lintern was next in 55.58, closely followed by Steph Shute in 56.22.
You may also want to watch:
Cheryl Valentine and Andy Kelsey bravely took on the Snowdonia Marathon, reputed to be one of the toughest courses in the country, finishing in 3.48.31 and 3.48.32 respectively.
Teresa King was the only Weston runner to take part in the Petherton Plod 5k, finishing eighth overall and first female back in 21.58.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s