Gym to the Ring for two local rugby players
Two rugby players will face each other as part of the Gym to the Ring programme.
On Saturday, 26 local people will have concluded their Gym to the Ring journey, culminating with a fight at Whitchurch Sports Centre in Bristol.
The training began in September which has been managed by professional boxers and experienced coaches. The journey has tested the candidates to the full, and it is an experience they will never forget.
One local contest will be two local rugby lads, Tony Dauncey, former first team prop from Clevedon Rugby Club, will line up against Tony Bush of Weston Rugby Club, who is still playing and managing the Weston Wanderers side.
Bush is celebrating his 50th birthday and raising money for the Clarity Charity and Dauncey is using this experience to aid the serious injuries he has sustained to his knee and neck through sport.
You may also want to watch:
Both Tony’s have a coach load of supporters leaving their prospective towns to support them on the night.
There are still tickets available, please contact Ray Williams on 07502 528036.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston