Gymnasts pick up British titles
- Credit: Archant
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club returned from the British Championships with a plethora of gold medals.
WESTON gymnasts were big winners at this year’s British Championships at the Echo Arena in Liverpool.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club took its strongest squad ever to the biggest event of the year, the prestigious venue holding British championship events for team gym, acrobatics, rhythmic and aerobics.
With an arena filled with an audience from all over the country, Weston’s top gymnasts took to the stage under spotlights to fight for British titles in all age groups.
The NAC squad from the club took five gold titles, one of which being Katherine Forster, aged 18, who was delighted with her personal best to finish her career.
You may also want to watch:
In the international categories, it was time for the GB squad members to step up to the plate. They showed their hard work and commitment had paid off, when all of them came home with British titles.
The club’s junior British champions are: Lewis Harvey (11), Bella Styles (11), Molly Brown (11), Tianna Marshall (10), Gemma Handley (11), Lola Lawrence (9), Rhys Williams (15) and Keira Landen (15). Senior champions for the club are Bethany Kemmish (16) and Matthew Saunders (18).
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
Do you want to be part of Weston’s most successful gymnastics club? The only club in the area with qualified acrobatic, rhythmic and aerobic coaches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook to keep up with Weston aerobic gymnastics news and events.