Gymnasts qualify for British championships
GYMNASTICS - TWO Academy gymnasts travelled to Liverpool recently to test their ability among Great Britain's best Elite Compulsory Level 2 competitors.
TWO Academy gymnasts travelled to Liverpool recently to test their ability among Great Britain's best Elite Compulsory Level 2 competitors.
Libby Lockett and Imogen Chan passed with flying colours and have now qualified to compete in the British Championships next season.
Ten-year-old Libby put on an excellent show by performing consistently on all five pieces. She displayed tremendous style and focus on the toughest event of all when she performed her balance beam routine.At the end of the day, Libby's efforts paid off nicely to rank her ninth in the country.
Ten years ago, Academy gymnast Imogen Cairns won the compulsory Level 2 National Championship, and this week Academy gymnast Imogen Chan repeated the feat, earning the same prestigious crown.
You may also want to watch:
Imogen Chan earnt the top score of the day on balance beam. The judges were impressed as they scored her one full mark ahead of her closest competitor. Two more silver performances on floor exercise and range and conditioning rounded off her day.
Chan was crowned the compulsory Level 2 National champion, just like her idol from the Academy - Imogen Cairns a decade earlier.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown