Gymnasts recover to earn bronze
Weston Aerobic Gymnastic Club members Matt Saunders and Abi Butterfield earn bronze medals at French Open championships.
WESTON Aerobic Gymnastics Club were delighted when two of their gymnasts were selected to represent Great Britain at the prestigious French Open Championships.
However, it looked this was not to be the gymnasts best of competitions, when Matt Saunders had a huge penalty in his individual routine and the mixed pair of Matt and Abi Butterfield also dropping some valuable moves, this meant a nail-biting 24-hour wait, but they just scraped into the finals.
With all to play for, Matt was up first for his male individual routine, and pulled out all the stops with a powerful and clean routine to score a personal best along with the bronze medal.
Twenty minutes later he walked out onto the floor with his mixed partner Abi Butterfield. The pair again performed a superb routine and were awarded the bronze medal.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to them both for showing determination and ability. They now compete for their club at the Welsh Open this weekend, and then a much-deserved week off.
Anyone wishing their child to enjoy the benefits of training with an elite gymnastics club, phone Debbie Saunders on 07779 802110.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers