Ham leaves Cheddar and signs for Welton Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Welton Rovers have bolstered their attacking ranks with the signing of Callum Ham from Cheddar.
Ham arrives at the Green Army, who currently sit in second place in the Toolstation Western League, as the second highest goalscorer with 11 goals in 11 games.
And Ham, who had been with The Cheesemen for eight years, says he is ready for the next challenge with Rovers.
“The club has always been in my heart. I started my career at Cheddar when I was only 16, so it’s been a good journey with them,” said Ham.
“Sometimes things come to an end and when a new manager comes in, you either get on really well or you have differences, it was just a shame we had differences.
You may also want to watch:
“From the supporters to the backroom staff they have done a huge amount for me, so I would always be thankful to them and to the club.
“I am looking forward to beginning my new journey with Welton Rovers, who are currently top of the league and unbeaten.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
“I am hoping to hit the ground running and see how things go.”
Cheddar manager Craig Mawford wished Ham all the best for future.
“I think it was a good time for Callum. He needed the change and needs to go and enjoy his football,” said Mawford.
“Callum certainly brought qualities to the club and has been a good goalscorer.
“I think the time had come for a change for all parties. We wish him the best of luck at Welton.”