Handicapped doubles tournament at Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club held its mixed handicapped doubles tournament recently.
UPHILL Badminton Club’s annual in-house mixed handicapped doubles tournament was held recently.
The competition attracted an entry of 40 players, these being split into a top and bottom halves for the draw, the resulting pairs then played in two round robin boxes.
The top four pairs from each box then played in the semi-finals and the winners of these played a final. On the following club evening the two box finalists played each other in the competitions final.
The finalists from Box A were Caroline Higgins and Luke Morgan playing off scratch and the finalists from Box B were Christy Langford and Tom Higgins. The final between these two pairs started with Caroline and Luke increasing their handicap lead, but Christy and Tom started their fight back and finally won 21-17.
You may also want to watch:
As usual the members were grateful to Robin Curry and his team of helpers for their excellent organisation of the event.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach