Handicapped doubles tournament at Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club held its mixed handicapped doubles tournament recently.
UPHILL Badminton Club’s annual in-house mixed handicapped doubles tournament was held recently.
The competition attracted an entry of 40 players, these being split into a top and bottom halves for the draw, the resulting pairs then played in two round robin boxes.
The top four pairs from each box then played in the semi-finals and the winners of these played a final. On the following club evening the two box finalists played each other in the competitions final.
The finalists from Box A were Caroline Higgins and Luke Morgan playing off scratch and the finalists from Box B were Christy Langford and Tom Higgins. The final between these two pairs started with Caroline and Luke increasing their handicap lead, but Christy and Tom started their fight back and finally won 21-17.
You may also want to watch:
As usual the members were grateful to Robin Curry and his team of helpers for their excellent organisation of the event.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary