Hannah qualifies for Horse of the Year Show
HORSE RIDING - LOCAL rider Hannah Ladd, from Weston, recently qualified at the second South Essex Insurance Brokers Search For A Star, earning her a coveted ticket to the finals at the Horse of the Year Show.
LOCAL rider Hannah Ladd, from Weston, recently qualified at the second South Essex Insurance Brokers Search For A Star, earning her a coveted ticket to the finals at the Horse of the Year Show.
She qualified at Badgworth Equestrian Centre, where a large number of competitors gathered.
Hannah Ladd, an admin assistant, rode Horseworld Charity's six-year-old piebald gelding Northern Light. Hannah used to work for Horseworld and two weeks before she was due to leave, Northern Light, who was an 11-month-old foal at the time, was brought in. Hannah fell in love with him straight away and went out of his stable straight to the office to say she wanted to have him. The charity agreed and Hannah took him on permanent loan. She broke him in as a three-year-old and has since done a bit of everything. They came second in their first one-day event and Hannah hopes to do county level working hunters with him.
"He is the most fabulous all-rounder and does a bit of everything. He is easy to work with and has a wonderful character, I can watch him for hours. I am shocked to have qualified for HOYS, I can't believe it", said Hannah, who also has two other coloured horses.
You may also want to watch:
The South Essex Insurance Brokers Search For A Star championship finals will be held at the Horse of the Year Show, from October 7-11, at NEC, Birmingham. For more information, visit www.search4astar.org.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course