Harry and James face off at Twickers
LOCAL rugby players Harry Jones and James Leatherby faced each other at Twickenham recently.
WESTON rugby players Harry Jones and James Leatherby faced each other at Twickenham recently.
They were playing at the home of rugby as a curtain raiser for the IRB London Sevens.
Harry is a student at Hartpury College, Gloucester Academy, while James is at Filton College, which is affiliated to Bristol RFC. While representing their colleges, Harry and James have faced each other on four occasions during the rugby sevens season.
This match was a replay of the national finals at Rosslyn Park, which Filton won, but on this occasion at Twickenham, Hartpury ran out 17-10 winners, levelling it to two wins apiece for the season.
You may also want to watch:
Both Harry and James live in Weston and whilst James plays his club rugby at Hornets, Harry is a member of Weston RFC.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3