Harry starts the New Year with victory
HARRY Burrow from the BW Controls Ltd Mini Red Tennis Academy, based at the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnahm, has started the year off fantastically winning the David Lloyd Bristol Indoor Mini Red Tennis Tournament.
HARRY Burrow from the BW Controls Ltd Mini Red Tennis Academy, based at the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham, has started the year off fantastically winning the David Lloyd Bristol Indoor Mini Red Tennis Tournament.
The competition was made up of 13 juniors who were split into two groups, with Harry winning his group and eventually the competition.
Megan Rundle, from the Academy, was also playing in the event and topped the other group of players and reached the semi-final, but lost out to Thomas Punt.
Head coach Vinny Duddy said that he was very pleased with the results saying that it showed that all the hard work the players were putting in was working, but again he thanked the parents for making the efforts to get the kids to the coaching and to the events.
You may also want to watch:
The Avenue Tennis Club is currently running a new membership offer which will see new members getting 15 months membership for the price of 12 at 2010 prices.
The club runs squad coaching sessions every day of the week for juniors, offers one-to-one coaching, runs Saturday pay and play, offers cardio fitness and adult only coaching sessions. More details can be obtained from the website www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show
The Avenue Club has a thriving social section with organised social doubles play on Wednesday and Friday evenings. Social doubles are also on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday mornings.
The club also runs mixed doubles teams in the winter and men’s and ladies’ teams during the summer. Training for the teams is on Monday for men’s and Tuesday for ladies.
Vinny would like to remind all the family members that Vinny’s Minis has restarted. This is a two-hour free session for members of the club between 6.30-7.30pm and is aimed at youngsters up to the age of eight. The second session from 7.30-8.30pm is for youngsters aged over eight.
On Fridays, the hard courts are allocated to the juniors aged 11+ and they are encouraged to take part in the junior match play doubles from 8pm.