Hat-trick for Roxiee
Roxiee Newman claims a hat-trick for Weston Ladies.
WESTON Ladies lost the toss against visitors Bristol Phoenix, who decided to bat first.
Phoenix scored 24 from the first two overs, but Roxiee Newman completed a fine hat-trick to reduce them to 25-3. Newman didn’t stop there and finished with figures of 6-1-18-4.
Emily Taylor (6-0-36-1) then bowled the top scorer Hannah Thompson (23). The experienced Emma Whitehead cleaned up the next three wickets thanks to accurate bowling and alert catches from Helen Clough, Lucy Tilden and Newman, helped by good fielding from Sarah Tedder.
Alice Wiseman was as economical as ever with bowling figures of 5-2-7-0. Whitehead, who finished with figures of 5-0-20-4, took the final wicket to leave the away team on 82-9.
You may also want to watch:
Tilden and Wiseman opened the batting for Weston and developed their partnership well with confident calling and running between the wickets before Wiseman (9) was caught.
This brought Whitehead to the crease and she teamed up well with Tilden, who put on an important 18 runs before she was bowled, leaving Weston on 42-2.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
Newman (2) came and went quickly after being run out and new wicket-keeper/batswoman Dannie Stone stepped in and smashed a rapid 14 off eight balls to steer Weston to victory with top scorer Whitehead (26).
Thanks to Andy Tilden (umpire) and Phil Stone (scorer) for their continued support. Next match is on June 5 away to Minehead. See wsmcc.co.uk for more information.