Hat-trick for Roxiee
Roxiee Newman claims a hat-trick for Weston Ladies.
WESTON Ladies lost the toss against visitors Bristol Phoenix, who decided to bat first.
Phoenix scored 24 from the first two overs, but Roxiee Newman completed a fine hat-trick to reduce them to 25-3. Newman didn’t stop there and finished with figures of 6-1-18-4.
Emily Taylor (6-0-36-1) then bowled the top scorer Hannah Thompson (23). The experienced Emma Whitehead cleaned up the next three wickets thanks to accurate bowling and alert catches from Helen Clough, Lucy Tilden and Newman, helped by good fielding from Sarah Tedder.
Alice Wiseman was as economical as ever with bowling figures of 5-2-7-0. Whitehead, who finished with figures of 5-0-20-4, took the final wicket to leave the away team on 82-9.
You may also want to watch:
Tilden and Wiseman opened the batting for Weston and developed their partnership well with confident calling and running between the wickets before Wiseman (9) was caught.
This brought Whitehead to the crease and she teamed up well with Tilden, who put on an important 18 runs before she was bowled, leaving Weston on 42-2.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
Newman (2) came and went quickly after being run out and new wicket-keeper/batswoman Dannie Stone stepped in and smashed a rapid 14 off eight balls to steer Weston to victory with top scorer Whitehead (26).
Thanks to Andy Tilden (umpire) and Phil Stone (scorer) for their continued support. Next match is on June 5 away to Minehead. See wsmcc.co.uk for more information.