Hat-trick of awards for referee
- Credit: Archant
Referee Eddie Hughes has been presented with three awards in one season.
FORMER Football League referee Eddie Hughes has been awarded three coveted awards in one season.
He was awarded the Terry Jones Trophy for the Woodspring Junior League referee of the year and received the Football Association Certificate at count level for outstanding contribution to refereeing by the Somerset FA. This was presented to him by Roger Vaughan, the FA National Referee manager at the Somerset County Cricket ground.
His third award was the National Referees’ Association long and meritorious award, presented by David Ellery, chairman of the FA Referees’ Committee and president of the Referees’ Association at the National RA conference held at the Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire.
Eddie said: “I was completely surprised, but delighted and honoured to receive the three awards all in one season at the different echelons of refereeing.
You may also want to watch:
“My wife, Carole, has been a constant support, whether at local or top level of refereeing, as well as my referee colleagues at Weston Referees’ Society.”
Eddie is also a Football Association referee tutor, a FA referee coach and is the president of the Weston Referee’s Society.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab