Hat-trick of awards for referee
- Credit: Archant
Referee Eddie Hughes has been presented with three awards in one season.
FORMER Football League referee Eddie Hughes has been awarded three coveted awards in one season.
He was awarded the Terry Jones Trophy for the Woodspring Junior League referee of the year and received the Football Association Certificate at count level for outstanding contribution to refereeing by the Somerset FA. This was presented to him by Roger Vaughan, the FA National Referee manager at the Somerset County Cricket ground.
His third award was the National Referees’ Association long and meritorious award, presented by David Ellery, chairman of the FA Referees’ Committee and president of the Referees’ Association at the National RA conference held at the Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire.
Eddie said: “I was completely surprised, but delighted and honoured to receive the three awards all in one season at the different echelons of refereeing.
You may also want to watch:
“My wife, Carole, has been a constant support, whether at local or top level of refereeing, as well as my referee colleagues at Weston Referees’ Society.”
Eddie is also a Football Association referee tutor, a FA referee coach and is the president of the Weston Referee’s Society.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset