Hat-trick of victories for Axbridge Animals
- Credit: Archant
Axbridge Animals achieved a hat-trick when they hosted the third event of the 2013 Team15 (T15) South Zone Inter-Club Championship at Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club in Axbridge.
THE talented Axbridge Animals achieved the hat-trick they were aiming for when they hosted the third event of the 2013 Team15 (T15) South Zone Inter-Club Championship at Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club in Axbridge.
Having beaten their closest rivals, the Oxford Zoomers, by a massive 35 points in this event, the Animals now qualify for the national Team15 Champions Cup in October with an event to spare.
The day’s racing involved 24 young windsurfers aged 15 and under. Frankie Brown (12) put in an impressive performance, taking first in the 3.5 class. Daniel Stewart (11) took second, and future Axbridge star, new to Team15, was 3.5 sailor Eleanor Powell, who put in a great performance in the afternoon finishing all of the races.
In the 4.5 fleet, Kate Hatcher (12) beat the Zoomers’ Theo Armstrong-Covely (13) into second place by just one point.
You may also want to watch:
The Animals had clean sweep in the 5.8 class, with Mollie Densley Robins (12), Libby Rodgers (13) and Josh Hunt (14) taking the top three places, and in the 6.8 fleet, Lou Brown and Lauren Goodall (13) took first and second place honours.
Event organiser Tessa Ingram said: “We were also very lucky to have the fastest lady in the world and European & British speed champion Zara Davis at the event to hand out the trophies to the winners.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
T15 is an initiative set up by the RYA to help make windsurfing more accessible and appealing to youngsters at grass roots level. The Team15 Inter-Club Championships takes place regionally over the summer across the UK adding a competitive edge and race training for those keen to hone their skills.
To get involved with Team15 and locate your nearest local club visit www.team15.org.uk or contact the RYA 0845 345 0400.