High flyers brought down to earth
Weston defeated second placed South Somerset in the Somerset Super Darts League.
WESTON entertained second-placed South Somerset (Chard) in the Somerset Super Darts League.
The hosts got off to a flying start with Nick English (22.47) winning 3-0, swiftly followed by a close win by Clive Strong (3-2).
Board two did not start off so well, going down 1-3, but Anthony Edmundson (21.94) hit a 180 in his 3-1 win, and this was quickly followed by a win for Chris Skeates (24.48).
Back on board one, Weston continued to dominate with Gary Howell and Martin Vanedgemeister both with an 20.78 average winning 3-0. The next game went South Somersets way, but was tidied up and finished off by Paul Tyler (23.77) winning 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
On board two, George Turnbull (22.82) was victorious (3-2) with the singles finishing 11-12 in Somerset’s favour.
Board one went Weston’s way (17-5), giving a lead of 28-17 going into the pairs.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Tyler/Strong got the ball rolling with a 3-2 win followed by English/Roy Staples winning 3-1. Weston upped a gear with wins on board two by Skeates/Howell (3-2) and Mitchell/Vanedgemeister (3-1) sealing victory.
The game was finished off by Edmundson/Seamus Slattery winning 3-2 with Weston winning five of the six pairs games.
The 45-28 victory moved them back up the division closer to the top. Man of the match went to Chris Skeates and 180 were hit by Edmundson and English.
Thanks to Jimmy Hunt and Emma Slattery for the computer averages. The next game is home at the 49 Club against Keynsham on April 12 (7.30pm).