High scoring encounter
Weston water polo squad completed a convincing 15-10 over Bristol Harlequins.
WESTON’S water polo squad got its promotion-chasing campaign back on track with a convincing 15-10 triumph away to Bristol Harlequins.
Having drawn with UWIC University two weeks ago, Weston knew they needed to respond with a strong team performance.
Weston started the game in typical fashion by racing out of the blocks and scoring numerous goals early on, with Kyle Maloney, Mark Dunstone, Sean Coles and Karol Kazmak all getting on the score sheet in the first quarter.
From then onwards, the game was touch and go with the Harlequins repeatedly responding to Weston’s goals. However, great defending from Matt Vincent, Kyle Maloney and Chris Sherring frustrated Harlequins throughout, leaving them with few options in attack.
You may also want to watch:
In the final quarter of the match, Weston demonstrated their quality and composure by dominating possession and scoring three goals to Harlequins one. The final two goals of the game went to Sean Coles, who overall notched up an impressive nine, thanks to good service from the rest of the squad.
It was encouraging signs to have Mark Malloy play a strong first game for the squad and for veteran Mark Dunstone to dictate play and score his first goal for the club in 10 years on his return to the sport.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Weston squad: C Knight, M Vincent (c), K Maloney, C Sherring, M Dunstone, M Malloy, L Coles, S Coles, N Edwards, K Kazmak.