High-scoring encounter in midweek league
The Windsor Castle defeated Athletico in a high-scoring encounter in the Weston Propert Job Midweek Cricket League.
A HIGH-scoring match between Athletico and the Windsor Castle resulted in a seven-wicket win for the Windsor in Division 1 of the Weston Proper Job Midweek Cricket League.
Connor Davidson top scored for with 54 not out and with support from Matt Blaimire (33), Athletico totalled 169-5 with Jamie Biddle taking 1-25 off his five overs. In reply, Matt Kearsey made 51, before Rich Carter hit an unbeaten 85 to lead his side to victory.
East Huntspill recorded their first win with a six-wicket defeat of the Strollers. Jon Weber with 33 was the main contributor in the Strollers total of 123-6, with A Penwell claiming 3-19. Weber followed up his innings with 3-39, but Rob Pomeroy hit 45 to secure the win.
In Division 2, Sam Neate hit 101 not out as the Presidents made 148-2 against the Coach House. CJ Neate claimed a hat-trick while recording figures of 3-15 and Chris Bryant’s only over was a wicket maiden. Steve Wilcox took 2-11 as the Coach House gently subsided to 109-9 in reply.
You may also want to watch:
Locking Castle and Belvedere met twice in recent weeks and although Belvedere won both games the margin of victory varied greatly. In the first match, Locking made 107 all out with Harry Wiseman making 35, Dave Fairhurst taking 2-17. Jason Hill claimed the wickets of four Belvedere batsmen for 22, but Neil Chadwick made 59 as his side crept home by one wicket.
In the next game, A Marshall made exactly 50 as Locking totalled a competitive 149-5, but Callum Ham made 54 as Belvedere cruised home by eight wickets.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 New leadership team for charity