Hornets Colts beaten in bruising encounter
Hornets Colts were beaten by Redruth in a bruising National Colts Cup match in Cornwall.
HORNETS Colts travelled to Cornwall to face Redruth in the National Colts Cup, but were beaten in a bruising encounter.
After a minute’s silence in memory of all our friends at Uphill Castle Cricket Club, Hornets began the game at full tilt, surprising the home team with some fast, adventurous attacking rugby.
Hornets opened the scoring when Osborne retrieved the ball deep in his own half, he advanced forward and the pack took it on. Richardson was on hand to break the defence and Williams delivered the perfect pass to Humphris to set the backs off. Slick hands in midfield by Holyday and Coleman and Hill rounded the last man to finish off a superb try.
In a bruising game for this young set of Colts, the stronger Redruth team began to get into the game and they scored three tries to finish the first-half in front.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, the home side were frustrated by the grit and determination from Hornets, resulting in a couple of yellow cards for the home team, but Hornets were running out of fit players on the bench.
Hornets couldn’t get over the line, but Redruth managed a score before the end to make the final score Redruth 22, Hornets 5.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
This was a massive game for these boys and they held their own against a very good Redruth team. They will now move into the National Plate competition and more big games to come.