Hornets Colts prove too strong for Bath
Hornets Colts gave a good performance when they defeated Bath.
Bath Colts 0 pts
Hornets Colts 14 pts
HORNETS Colts made the trip to Bath to face a strong side containing a fair share of county players.
The visitors opened the scoring when the ball was quickly moved to George Lavallin, who beat the last two defenders to dot down at the posts, with Alex Colborne adding the extras.
You may also want to watch:
Outside centre Sam Balkham stretched Hornets lead when a smart midfield move saw him score a try that Colborne again converted. Jake Powell was unlucky not to get himself on the scoresheet when his charge down and kick ahead eventually bounced the wrong way.
Connor Baker enjoyed a fine game in the front row, as did young Curtis Higgins from the bench. Bailey Jackson carried the ball well and David Grubb and James Preston both defended superbly well when in action, but the star of the show was Kubix IT man of the match Colborne.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 7 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show
Behind the scrum, Conor Littlewood and Balkham put in decent shifts and Danny Bailey and Dan Crane both impressed as Bath pressed for some points to no avail.
Hornets travel to St Austell in Cornwall on Saturday to face another tough test.