Hornets Colts top the league
Hornets Colts head the league table after a comprehensive victory over North Bristol.
Hornets Colts 43 pts
North Bristol 5 pts
HORNETS Colts ensured they go into the New Year as league leaders, with a comprehensive win over North Bristol.
A lacklustre first-half performance was not helped by uncontested scrums throughout the game, due the visitors’ lack of a front row.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Long fed Danny Bailey for his first try on three minutes and Leon Counsell doubled the lead on 19 minutes, but the lead was cut to 10-5 before half-time.
A much improved second half performance saw Jake Harper finish a third phase of rugby with a try, before a Bailey solo effort from his own 22 stretched the lead further.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 10 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
He took over kicking duties, and slotted the first of four successful conversions for a 22-5 lead.
Sam Ashby fed Bailey for his hat-trick and Counsell scored his second try of the game following good work by Kyle Davies. The final score came with a minute remaining in a move involving Jacob Hill and Counsell, finished by Byron Marriott.
A successful end to first half of the season, soured slightly by injuries to Sam Aplin and Devon Rudden, which may rule them out of next week’s Under-17s Bristol Junior Combination Cup final.