Hornets Colts top the league
Hornets Colts head the league table after a comprehensive victory over North Bristol.
Hornets Colts 43 pts
North Bristol 5 pts
HORNETS Colts ensured they go into the New Year as league leaders, with a comprehensive win over North Bristol.
A lacklustre first-half performance was not helped by uncontested scrums throughout the game, due the visitors’ lack of a front row.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Long fed Danny Bailey for his first try on three minutes and Leon Counsell doubled the lead on 19 minutes, but the lead was cut to 10-5 before half-time.
A much improved second half performance saw Jake Harper finish a third phase of rugby with a try, before a Bailey solo effort from his own 22 stretched the lead further.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn
He took over kicking duties, and slotted the first of four successful conversions for a 22-5 lead.
Sam Ashby fed Bailey for his hat-trick and Counsell scored his second try of the game following good work by Kyle Davies. The final score came with a minute remaining in a move involving Jacob Hill and Counsell, finished by Byron Marriott.
A successful end to first half of the season, soured slightly by injuries to Sam Aplin and Devon Rudden, which may rule them out of next week’s Under-17s Bristol Junior Combination Cup final.