Hornets juniors through to the semi-finals
Hornets Under-15s cruised into the semi-finals of the Bristol Combination Cup with victory over Avonvale.
HORNETS Under-15s made home advantage count in this Bristol Combination Cup quarter-final against Avonvale.
The home side were quickly into their stride, a ruck was won inside their own 22, the backs moved the ball quickly to full-back Quentin Querl to beat the remaining defender and touch down under the posts for a try, converted by Charlie Fairhurst.
From the restart, the ball was returned with interest going into touch. Ayden Chenoweth stole the resulting line-out and ran through the covering defence to score in the corner.
Following the second try, Avonvale stepped up their game, but the Hornets defence stood firm. Two outstanding breaks by centre Rhys Clarke saw him score twice to give a half-time score of 22-0.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Querl scored his second try with a score from his own half after good work by Luke Collins, before Josh Edwards broke several tackles to score Hornets’ final try.
To Avonvale’s credit, they scored two well deserved tries in the last five minutes to reduce the deficit. Special mention to Rhys Clarke who was outstanding.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud