Hornets on top in local derby
Burnham 3 pts Hornets 31 pts - HORNETS travelled to Burnham for their first-ever league meeting and playing against the wind in the first half decided to keep the ball tight.
Burnham 3 pts
Hornets 31 pts
HORNETS travelled to Burnham for their first-ever league meeting and playing against the wind in the first half decided to keep the ball tight, where the forwards worked tirelessly to set a platform for the backs.
Hornets' line-outs functioned well with Jake Farraday and Greg Speller dominant with the accurate throwing of Dave Bird.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham could not live with the catch and drive, and James Dibble capitalised on this with good breaks, scoring two tries, Sam Lloyd-Jones converting both.
In rare moments when Burnham had possession, the back row of Chris Disney, Dave Geddis and Ash Kingshot snuffed out any attacks, especially Geddis, who constantly turned the ball over, resulting in a try for Lloyd-Jones which he converted for a half-time score of 21-3.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
In the second half, Hornets had the wind, but did not use it to their advantage and could have scored another five or six tries had it not been for forward passes and bad decisions.
The best try of the match was when Steven Donnagan took the ball at pace and from the resultant ruck, Geddis created fast ball for James Cox to feed the backs and Nick Francis took the scoring pass for Lloyd-Jones to convert and he also added another penalty.
Man of the match was Dave Geddis.
Winscombe 12 pts
Hornets 2nds 33 pts
HORNETS 2nds travelled to Winscombe and produced a great performance, going to within a point from the top of the league, scoring five tries to two, but could have got a lot more.
Josh Partridge sent a message to the first team with three great tries and new signing Stuart Bryson getting two on his debut. Rich West kicked four conversions.