Hornets reach SW regional final
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Hornets Under-17s reached the South West regional final of the National Cup.
Hornets 22 pts
Bournemouth 0 pts
HORNETS Under-17s reached the South West regional final of the National Cup after seeing off the challenge of Bournemouth at The Nest.
After a blistering opening 15 minutes, Hornets found themselves 12-0 up. Scrum-half Conor Littlewood opened Hornets’ account with a long run to the line after a training ground move went to plan and was converted by Alex Colborne.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the kick-off, prop Ashley Challenger powered over from close range following a sweeping attack involving some great work from Kieran Ward and Sam Lewis. The rest of the half deteriorated in to a dull affair.
The second half followed suit with more lazy play up front and poor decision making behind. However, in between the mistakes, penalties and scrums, centre Sam Balkham managed to grab himself a brace of tries.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
His first came after a sublime handling move from the backs put him through a hole and he outpaced the cover defence to touch down. His second came after a break by man of the match Colborne and was well supported by Balkham, who was handed an easy run in by his No 8 to complete the scoring at 22-0.
Hornets will be hoping they can step up their game as they look forward to taking on the winner of Redruth v Longlevens at Cleve on March 24.