Hornets reach SW regional final
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Hornets Under-17s reached the South West regional final of the National Cup.
Hornets 22 pts
Bournemouth 0 pts
HORNETS Under-17s reached the South West regional final of the National Cup after seeing off the challenge of Bournemouth at The Nest.
After a blistering opening 15 minutes, Hornets found themselves 12-0 up. Scrum-half Conor Littlewood opened Hornets’ account with a long run to the line after a training ground move went to plan and was converted by Alex Colborne.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the kick-off, prop Ashley Challenger powered over from close range following a sweeping attack involving some great work from Kieran Ward and Sam Lewis. The rest of the half deteriorated in to a dull affair.
The second half followed suit with more lazy play up front and poor decision making behind. However, in between the mistakes, penalties and scrums, centre Sam Balkham managed to grab himself a brace of tries.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
His first came after a sublime handling move from the backs put him through a hole and he outpaced the cover defence to touch down. His second came after a break by man of the match Colborne and was well supported by Balkham, who was handed an easy run in by his No 8 to complete the scoring at 22-0.
Hornets will be hoping they can step up their game as they look forward to taking on the winner of Redruth v Longlevens at Cleve on March 24.