Hornets’ juniors enjoy narrow success over Bath
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Under-13s recorded a narrow victory over Bath in an entertaining match at the Nest.
After grinding out an away win in Gloucestershire last week, Hornets Under-13s hosted Bath in an entertaining game.
The Hornets got off to a flying a start with a try in the corner in the opening minutes of the game. The next few minutes saw Bath get some ball in hand which allowed them to pull a try back, shortly followed by a second which set the scene for the rest of the game.
With both teams playing some excellent rugby and the scoreline regularly ticking over, neither team managed to get a sufficient lead to be comfortable and went into the last five minutes the game tied at six tries apiece, when Hornets finally managed to edge back in front and lead 7-6.
Bath were not to be outdone and went straight back on the attack from the restart and probably spent their most sustained period camped on the Hornets try line.
You may also want to watch:
The home side held firm and managed to turnover the ball and break out of their 22 to go the length of the field to score one final try as the whistle went for full-time and manage am eight tries to six victory.
Scorers: Josh (3), Owen, Tommy, Thomas, Callum, Mitch, Rowan.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 5 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 6 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand