Hornettes defeat the Barbarians
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes travelled to Ivel Barbarians in Yeovil and returned with a victory.
HORNETTES travelled to Yeovil for the return fixture against Ivel Barbarians.
In a cold and windy day with a few players out of position, Hornettes played the majority of the first half in the opposition’s 22.
The visitors took the lead when their pack won a scrum which allowed the backs to spread the ball wide and Lou Watson scored the first try of the match.
Straight from the restart, Hornettes kept applying pressure and from an Ivel line-out, Sinead Boys managed to steal the ball and pass to Abbey Constable, who smashed her way over the whitewash to score the second try of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Hornettes again worked their way back into the opposition’s 22 and with the forwards and backs interlinking well, they crossed the line for the third try of the match, with Emma Small successful with the conversion.
After the break, Ivel attacked strongly, but the Hornettes defence held strong as the backs and forwards tackled well until Ivel managed to cross the line for their first try of the game to make the final score 17-5.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Any ladies aged 18 and over interested in giving rugby a try, please contact Emma Small on 07429 868505 for more details.