Hornettes on top
Hornettes ladies start the new season with victory over Westbury.
HORNETTES ladies opened their season with a terrific and well-deserved home win against Westbury Ladies.
The Hornettes fielded a 19-strong squad for this friendly and opened the scoring after 10 minutes through scrum-half Kerianne Williams. Laura Clarke converted.
The second try was from quick ball from a ruck in the visitors 22, to fly half M-J Jenkins who crossed the line. Just before half-time, the third try was scored by No 8 Sinead Boys, converted by Clarke.
After the break, Hornettes’ forwards and backs linked seamlessly and support play was much improved. Full-back Lou Watson was first on the score sheet in the second half and there were tries for Williams (2), Jenkins, Kim Hixson. Two were converted by Clarke and one by Sara Curtis for a final score of 50-0.
You may also want to watch:
Forwards of the match: Laura Hunt and Dani Ethridge; back of the match; Kerianne Williams.
Any ladies 18 or over interested in playing rugby, please contact Jenny Cockayne on 077177 90838.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down