Hornettes romp to 10-try victory
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes ladies romped to a 10-try demolition of Gordano.
Hornettes Ladies 58 pts
Gordano Ladies 0 pts
HORNETTES ladies entertained Gordano on a wet and windy afternoon.
The hosts started strongly and following a penalty 40m out from the line, Kerrianne Williams took a quick tap penalty and ran in the first try under the posts which was converted by Laura Clark.
You may also want to watch:
MJ Jenkins ran in try number two following good play by the forwards. Gordano hit back, but following some aggressive tackling, the ball was knocked on and Paula Wognarowsky collected the loose ball to run in the third try.
From the kick-off, the forwards set up quick ball for the backs, releasing full-back Leanie Swasbury to score try number four, which Clarke converted. The fifth try was scored by Emily Pearce after good work by Sinead Boys and Claire Hixson.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
Hornettes again worked their way towards the Gordano line and following a number of infringements, they were awarded a penalty from which Abbey Constable scored.
Gordano re-grouped after half-time and spent time attacking through several phases, but were unable to penetrate the Hornettes’ defence. Good play between the forwards and backs saw Kim Sweeting score try number seven, Emma Small kicking the conversion.
From the kick-of, Hornettes again combined to drive back up the field and Charlotte Cooper-Cox took a short pass to score the eighth try. Ten minutes later following a sustained period of defence, Constable broke out to score, Small adding the extras.
Hornets scored their 10th try following a scrum which allowed Williams to run in from 15 metres.
Anyone wishing to play for the Hornettes, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on email@example.com