Hornettes romp to home victory
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes defeated Westbury 41-0 to complete a comfortable victory.
HORNETTES hosted Westbury ladies at The Nest and completed a comfortable 41-0 victory.
Hornettes started well and turned over the ball and through excellent support play from the back line, resulted in Kerrianne Williams scoring the first try of the match.
It was not long before MJ Jenkins crossed the line, with Sara Curtis kicking the conversion. Westbury pinned Hornettes back in their 22, but the hosts turned the ball over again.
Williams got the ball to fly-half Jenkins who offloaded the ball to Beth Ryall. She interlinked with Lou Watson and Ryall went over to score. Curtis slotted the ball between the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the kick-off, Hornettes hit back and Watson crossed the whitewash for a 34-0 half-time lead.
After the break, most of the game was played in the middle of the pitch, with brilliant simple rugby being played by both teams. With a few minutes to the end of the game, Westbury gave away a penalty. Quick ball was given to Emma Small who broke the Westbury defence, passed the ball to Abbey Constable who offloaded in a tackle to Tanya Carver-Cox to score the try under the posts. Small kicked the conversion for a final score of 41-0 to Hornettes
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Forward of the match was Claire Hixson and back of the match Kim Hixson.
Any ladies aged 18 and over interested in giving rugby a try, please contact Emma Small on 07429 868505 for more details.