Hornettes unbeaten at mini festival
- Credit: Archant
Hornettes Girls Under-13s were unbeaten in three games at a mini festival in Minehead.
HORNETTES Girls Under-13s travelled to Minehead for a mini festival.
They played three games in total, winning all of them and the squad of 11 played with passion and determination.
Their support play was excellent with some great offloads out of the tackle. The defence was also impressive with some hard tackles and hard running.
Their fitness too played a part especially in the last game playing up the slope when they pulled the game back from 3-1 down to win 5-4.
You may also want to watch:
These girls are improving week on week and their coaches are very pleased with how they put into practice what they are learning in training.
HORNETTES Diamonds (Hornettes & Yatton & Gordano) Under-15s played against Winscombe in the third round of the Girls Cup at the Nest.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The hosts started with grit and determination and within 10 minutes scored out wide. The visitors took a while to break the Hornettes defence and were pushed backwards until they eventually broke through to score under the posts to make the score 12-5 to Winscombe at the break.
The second half was much of the same with strong defence from both teams. The hosts managed to score a second try again out wide, but Winscombe used their experience and scored two more tries to make the final score 22-10 to Winscombe.
The Under-15s and 13s next home game is on Sunday at the Nest. Any girls aged 10-17 years interested in playing rugby, please contact team manager Jenny Cockayne on 07717 790838.