Hutton girls are tournament champions
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Under-13s girls finished as champions of the SCI Brean Tournament.
HUTTON Under-13 girls competed in the SCI Brean Tournament and finished as champions after two days of entertaining games against teams from Oxford, Bristol and Somerset.
After losing the first game of the tournament, this proved to be their only defeat with five wins and two draws from their eight games, leaving them clear at the top of the table.
All of the squad members played exceptionally good football and positive forward play and determined defending took the girls through to their first tournament win.
Goals were shared around the squad members, who included Kaci Horner, Kerri Townsend, Charlotte Lewis, Megan Williams, Mel Heath, Eilidh Patterson, Natalia Bak, Zoe Collyer, Lauren Wall, with Lauren Small being named as McDonalds Weston player of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
TEAM Mendip took two teams to the Pen Mill tournament, with the Mendip White winning the final on penalties.
Team Mendip White won all their group games beating Yeovil Town A, Dorchester, Pen Mill A and Gillingham, scoring 11 goals and only conceding one.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Mendip White team: Marie Frost, Lydie Adem, Nicole Flourentzou, Nadine Grogan, Ellie Orritt, Ellie Roberts, Charlie Longhorn, Amy Clark, Alice Dodd, Kirsty Hill and Linda Sharpe.
Team Mendip Red won two and drew two, scoring six goals, conceding three and going through in second place.
The semi-final saw the two Team Mendip sides facing each other. Team White beat the Reds 2-1 and faced Frome Town in the final.
The final was physical from the start with both teams showing a desire to win. Frome went a goal ahead early on and led up until the last few seconds of normal time when Mendip’s Amy Clark broke free and smashed a stunning strike into the back of the Frome net levelling the game at 1-1 and forcing extra time.
The score remained tied after extra time so penalties were called for to settle the final.
Orritt and Flourentzou both scored before Frome missed their second and keeper Adem made a great save, making sure Team Mendip ran out tournament winners.
Team Mendip AP Heating player of the tournament went to Adem.
Any one interested in getting into girls’ or ladies’ football, give James a call on 07908 247505.