Hutton girls end the season with a draw under floodlights
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Under-15 girls finished their season with a draw under floodlights at Forest Green Rovers.
HUTTON Under-15 girls played their final league game of the season under lights against Forest Green Rovers.
Rovers started brightly pushing into the Hutton half, but found the Hutton defence of Hannah Capes, Anya Lawrence and Eva Ferdinando superbly marshalled by skipper Georgia Ferdinando.
Lauryn Nigh and Jodie Filer continued to work tirelessly in the Hutton midfield and with Tia Craig and Meg Lewis pushing forward from the wings to support strikers Robyn Perrett and Gabby Massey.
The second period continued in the same vein, but they managed to snatch the lead against the run of play when a Rovers striker beat keeper Lauren Filer.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers thereafter rarely threatened the Hutton goal and the introduction of Rachael Curtis drove the girls forward and with Hannah Worley constantly breaking up and Rovers attack, Hutton strived to get an equaliser.
Massey’s trickery in the Rovers box earned a penalty, which was saved, but due reward followed shortly after when Massey found the corner of the net.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
In the final moments of the game, Hutton nearly took all the points when Jodie Filer’s shot was turned behind by the keeper’s legs and Perrett’s shot beating the keeper, but found the side netting.
Another excellent performance by the girls in a season that resulted in a third placed finish in a competitive league.
Many thanks to McDonalds Weston, for their continued support of girl’s football in Hutton with their player of the game being awarded to Jodie Filer.