Hutton girls finish fourth
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Under-14 girls ended the season in fourth position, their highest league finish ever.
HUTTON Under-14 girls continued their good league form with a comfortable 4-0 victory over Backwell Athletic.
The opening goal came when Tia Craig beat the offside trap to slot home. Hutton’s midfield of Hannah Worley, Lauryn Nigh, Georgia Ferdinando and Danni Williams worked hard to produce the numerous openings, but Backwell’s keeper was in fine form, before Williams extended Hutton’s lead from close range.
Nicole Badman was instrumental in breaking up any Backwell attack before it reached Hutton’s defensive line of Hannah Capes, Meg Lewis, Eva Ferdinando and Anya Lawrence, but Backwell nearly scored before Chloe Woods in the home goal pounced on the loose ball.
Hutton made the game safe just prior to the interval with their third goal of the evening from Georgia Ferdinando.
You may also want to watch:
The second half drifted along in the same pattern with the Hutton players dominating the game, but being caught offside or frustrated by the Backwell keeper, who continued to have a great game, before Lewis’ pace took her clear to make the final score 4-0 to Hutton and secured their highest league finish of fourth.
Silvermoor Interiors player of the match was awarded to Anya Lawrence, with supporters’ player going to Tia Craig.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people