Hutton girls held to a draw
Hutton girls Under-12s were held to a draw at Chipping Sodbury.
HUTTON Under-12 girls travelled to Chipping Sodbury for their fixture against a St Nicholas team and returned with a draw.
St Nicks started well and Hutton defenders Kaci Horner, Eilidh Paterson and Megan Williams had to be at their best to protect Kerri Townsend in the Hutton goal.
Hutton gradually began to get a foothold in the game as Charlotte Lewis and Liv Worley took the game their hosts. Emily Evans’ neat interplay enabled Hutton to build some good attacks and Ellie Burrows’ strong running began to be a feature of the first-half.
St Nicks took the lead despite another Townsend fine save, but Hutton were rewarded on the stroke of half-time when Worley powered through the home defence to equalise.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was end-to-end and as St Nicks began to tire Mel Heath was instrumental in driving Hutton forward. Amelia Seaton and Kacey Allen both had great games as the girls looked for their first league win.
As time ran out, Evans’ determination nearly paid off, but her shot just cleared the crossbar in what was the final chance of the game.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
McDonalds Weston girl of the game was awarded to Eilidh Paterson.
Anyone interested in joining the girls in their first season of football should contact Ian on 07835 243616 or Mark on 07768 635163 or simply turn up for training at Worle School on Mondays at 6pm.