Hutton girls held to a draw
Hutton girls Under-12s were held to a draw at Chipping Sodbury.
HUTTON Under-12 girls travelled to Chipping Sodbury for their fixture against a St Nicholas team and returned with a draw.
St Nicks started well and Hutton defenders Kaci Horner, Eilidh Paterson and Megan Williams had to be at their best to protect Kerri Townsend in the Hutton goal.
Hutton gradually began to get a foothold in the game as Charlotte Lewis and Liv Worley took the game their hosts. Emily Evans’ neat interplay enabled Hutton to build some good attacks and Ellie Burrows’ strong running began to be a feature of the first-half.
St Nicks took the lead despite another Townsend fine save, but Hutton were rewarded on the stroke of half-time when Worley powered through the home defence to equalise.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was end-to-end and as St Nicks began to tire Mel Heath was instrumental in driving Hutton forward. Amelia Seaton and Kacey Allen both had great games as the girls looked for their first league win.
As time ran out, Evans’ determination nearly paid off, but her shot just cleared the crossbar in what was the final chance of the game.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate
McDonalds Weston girl of the game was awarded to Eilidh Paterson.
Anyone interested in joining the girls in their first season of football should contact Ian on 07835 243616 or Mark on 07768 635163 or simply turn up for training at Worle School on Mondays at 6pm.