Hutton girls hit Backwell for six
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Under-13 girls defeated Backwell Athletic 6-0.
HUTTON Under-13 girls hosted Backwell Athletic and continued their good form with a convincing 6-0 win.
Backwell started the game well and for the first 10 minutes it was an even game before a swift counter attack saw Hannah Worley put Hutton into the lead.
This spurred Backwell into a period of determined attacking play, but the Hutton defence of Nicole Badman, Eva Ferdinando, Hannah Capes and Danni Williams protected Chloe Woods in the home goal superbly.
Hutton continued to control the midfield with Sakia Moore, Georgia Ferdinando and Lauryn Nigh providing the strike force of Rachel Curtis and Meg Lewis plenty of opportunity to test the Backwell defence.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before half-time Moore’s through ball reached Lewis, who confidently scored Hutton’s second of the game. Soon after Moore was again the provider as Tia Craig finished off another fine move to give Hutton a 3-0 half-time lead.
The second period was entirely Hutton’s and Woods in the home goal was a virtual bystander as Curtis notched up Hutton’s fourth with a long-range strike.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
With the girls pressing home their advantage, Lewis added a further goal with a great strike from outside the box and then completed her hat-trick from a Georgia Ferdinando pass to give Hutton a 6-0 win.
Sivermoor Interiors player of the game was awarded to the entire team for their most complete performance of the season.
Hutton girls continue to look to improve and would welcome any girls interested in playing in either the Under-13s or Under-11s teams, please contact either Jen on 07841 449015 or Ian on 07835 243616. Alternatively, why not come training each Monday at 7pm at Worle Community School?