Hutton girls reach county cup semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Hutton girls Under-14s reached the county cup semi-finals after beating Wells City 6-1.
HUTTON girls Under-14s travelled with only 10 players to Wells City in the quarter-final of the county cup and put in a fantastic performance to run out 6-1 winners.
The visitors took the lead when Rachael Curtis and Georgia Ferdinando combined to set up Tia Craig for the first goal.
Craig, Curtis and debutant Jazmine Hurrell were a constant menace to the Wells defence and with Robyn Perrett and Ferdinando controlling the midfield areas, Hutton doubled their lead when Craig scored again.
The Hutton defence of Eva Ferdinando, Nicole Badman and Megan Lewis played with great assurance, leaving Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal a bystander.
You may also want to watch:
Perrett rounded off another attack with a strong shot from the edge of the box to give Hutton a 3-0 interval lead.
Wells started the second half well and put more pressure on the Hutton defence. With Hurrell’s clever play and Danni Williams’ incisive wing play, Hutton looked more likely to increase their lead before a long-range Wells shot found the back of the net.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
The girls responded instantly as Hurrell’s curling shot restored their three-goal cushion and Hutton increased their lead with a goal from Ferdinando before Craig completed her hat-trick with a close range tap-in.
Silvermoor Interiors player of the game was Tia Craig.
The Under-12s visited AEK Boco and enjoyed an eight-goal thriller.
Boco took the lead in the opening five minutes and Kerri Townsend in the Hutton goal had to be alert as Boco created chances almost at will. However, Ellie Burrows set up Lauren Wall for the equaliser.
Boco responded immediately and only good defending from Kaci Horner, Paige Nigh and Charlotte Lewis kept their hosts at bay, but they could do little to prevent Boco from taking the lead just before the break.
The second half saw the Hutton girls spring into life from the outset and within minutes from the restart they were level when Wall again struck from distance, before good work by Amelia Seaton and Megan Williams set up Mel Heath to score.
Boco again came back strongly and equalised following a corner. Hutton responded well and Wall outpaced the home defence to restore the girls’ lead, but Boco struck from distance to draw level again.
McDonalds Weston player of the game was awarded to Lauren Wall.