Hutton in impressive form

Hutton Under-9s carried their impressive pre-season form into the league.

HUTTON Under-9s have taken their impressive pre-season form into the first league game of the season with a 10-0 victory away at Burnham Athletic.

From the first whistle, Hutton players were eager for the ball building a 6-0 lead by half-time, with a brace apiece for Sidd Sheppard-Sugg, Jacob Dwyer and Jack McCollum. Scott Hammond-Lumber scored four goals.

The team was captained by Jude Hankinson in defence, working well with Bailey Hughes, Alex Cremer and Max Harris. Jack Buckingham in goal pulled off a fine save in the second half.

Thanks go to our kit sponsors Rich Carter and all at Standbetter for their support.

You may also want to watch:

WORLE Under-9s defeated Clevedon United Colts 2-0 in a fine team performance.

Worle started well with good play by Dan, Joe and Ben. When Clevedon did create any chances, Brandon and Tyler in defence tackled brilliantly and Owen was non-stop in midfield..

Most Read

Halfway through the first half, Owen played a pass to Joe who smashed the ball into the net for the only goal of the half.

In the second half, Calum, Dan, Joe and Owen continuing to pile pressure on to the Clevedon defence. Meanwhile, Matthew and Tyler were strong in defence and Jack made some good saves.

Worle doubled their lead when Owen played in Calum to score. Soon after, Calum’s cross to Joe, who saw his shot hit the post.

KEWSTOKE Under-12s took on Clevedon United and won 1-0 in a close encounter. Clevedon started well and tested the Kewstoke defence of captain George Creech, Denzel Nyamatora, Liam Bailey and Dan Williams, helped out by Charlie Sweeting. Charlie Robinson and Joel Crinson played well as the score remained 0-0 at half-time.

Changes were made at the break and Brandon Tolley and Ryan Pugh pushed up and Tolley was awarded with a penalty, which he converted.

Keeper Sam Carter had a few saves to make, as Kewstoke continued to play well with Connor Johns, Jake Manville and Avasi Lucas all playing well.

Kewstoke Lloyd Cox Plumbing and Heating man of the match was Charlie Sweeting.

It was a tale of two halves as Kewstoke Athletic Under-12s took on Berrow in their first away game of the season.

Tim Page dominating play in central midfield and Matty Frost worked hard up front and was rewarded with a goal.

The second half saw Berrow have more of the ball as Athletic struggled to retain possession, despite the best efforts of Ryan Hill, Jake Dunn and Joe Morrish. Berrow scored two quick goals and despite a late goalmouth scramble from Athletic, it finished 2-1 to Berrow.

Man of the match went to Jack Howard.

A convincing start to the season saw Kewstoke Athletic Under-16s dominate Nailsea Athletic with a team display that produced 10 goals of the highest quality.

Kewstoke’s keeper James Adams made several fine saves before Kewstoke took charge of the game scoring three times in 20 minutes with well-worked goals from captain Kieran Bellingham, Alex Parslow and Antony Badman.

Kewstoke maintained their excellent work rate which was rewarded with two further goals before half-time for Bellingham, which were carved out by Marc Frost and Jospin Buxton.

After the break, Kewstoke’s back four of Kieran Malone, Macauley Smith, George Garfield and Callum Giles and central midfielder Jack Stewart, kept their discipline to provide the platform for a fine second half display which brought five further goals from Josh Donoghue, Alex Parslow, Kieran Bellingham, Andy Green and Macauley Smith.

Harlowe Hygiene man of the match went to the team.

GREY skies greeted a depleted Milton Nomads Under-10s squad for their Woodspring Junior League Division 1 clash with Swiss Valley Rangers.

Nomads controlled the game from the beginning, dominating the game in midfield with Salmon joined by Maskell and Tasker. At the front, Almond’s tireless running and eye for goal caused problems for the resolute Rangers defence.

It was a quiet morning for Nomads’ keeper Hill who was untroubled behind Smith and Santoro in defence. Two Maskell goals either side of half-time was enough to secure the points in a competitive encounter. Taylor made his debut coming on for Almond in the final stages of the game.

The second game proved to be a more open game with both teams looking positive. The deadlock was broken when Haycock provided a classy finish following good work from Jones in midfield.

Hood then provided the ammunition for Gauci to pounce to score the first of his first-half hat-trick as Nomads led 4-0.

Rangers started the second half strongly, but with Coughlan mopping up all attacks in defence, Barrett had an untroubled consecutive clean sheet.

With five minutes remaining, Williams picked the ball up from Barrett and ran the length of the pitch before slotting the goal of the day past the keeper. A fourth Gauci goal put the icing on the cake in the last minute to win 6-0.

WESTON Crusaders Under-13s continued their good form with an emphatic 8-0 victory over Long Ashton, whose goalkeeper was outstanding at keeping Crusaders at bay for the first twenty minutes of the game.

Havard and Thomas pressurised Long Ashton’s defence, Shipway, Santoro, Cox and Morteo pulling the strings in midfield. The back five of Buxton, Bonner, Deyner, Redding and goalkeeper Filby were virtual bystanders, with Bonner and Denyer often assisting the midfield with overlaps.

Crusaders took the lead when Thomas shrugged off two defenders and scored. Havard and Santoro were replaced by Rac and Thomas-Barker. Crusaders were awarded a penalty which Thomas-Barker scored to make it 2-0 at half-time.

The second half was one-sided with Crusaders launching wave after wave of attacks. Goals by Cox, Thomas, Redding, Santoro and a brace by Havard, one a penalty, made the final score 8-0.

The Under-12s entertained Hutton in a local derby at Baytree in what was to be a trying game for all of them. Crusaders managed to go a goal ahead by Tom Petch, but with injuries for Stocker and Hyland it seemed that Crusaders were going to struggle.

Reece Coombes and Brandon Smith came on and Crusaders kept the 1-0 lead going into the second half and managed to keep Hutton at bay. Hutton kept pressuring, but Crusaders broke away to score through Matthew Hayden.

Well done to Daniel Ferguson, Reece Coombes, Ty Jamieson and Sonny Carr for some excellent defending. Personalise Engraving man of the match went to Sonny Carr.

WESTON Town Under-14s lost 5-1 to Clevedon United Juniors.

Clevedon went into a 2-0 first-half lead as the sides contested midfield. Keeper Connor Harris made an excellent save to stop Clevedon extending their lead.

Clevedon extended their lead in the second half. Ben Griffiths’ shot was well saved by the Clevedon keeper before Joseph Rout scored for Town. Unfortunately, Clevedon proved too strong and scored two more goals.

The Under-14s took on Weston Crusaders and completed a 3-1 victory. Joseph Rout gave Town an excellent start with a fine strike, but Crusaders equalised. Lewis Tremlett in goal made a good save before Josh Baker regained the lead for Town.

In the second half, Town started well putting pressure on Crusaders defence, but their keeper again made some good saves. Good play on the wing from Lewis Mclean led to Crusaders conceding an own goal.

The Under-15s started their season with a comfortable 2-0 home win against Burnbridge Wanderers.

Weston dominated the early exchanges and created several good shooting chances. The deadlock was broken after some good passing through midfield allowed Dan Berry to score.

Jake Marshman and Christian Bell were influential in a lot of Weston’s good play and when Bell was put clear, he lashed home the second to give Weston a comfortable half-time lead.

The second half saw lots of Weston possession which they should have turned into more goals. Defensively, Weston were solid and although goalkeeper Killian Vick had little to do, he kept his concentration well and made a good save from a long-range effort late on.

The Cove Restaurant man of the match award went to Jake Marshman.

The Under-11s got their season up-and-running with an emphatic 6-0 win over Priory Pumas United.

The deadlock was broken courtesy of a deflection from a Callum Manaton corner. Shortly after, they added a second with a fine finish from Reece Large. Weston kept pressing and were rewarded with further goals from Tyler Mogg and Manaton to end the half 4-0 up.

Weston started the second half on the front foot again with Mogg, Large and Pratt causing Priory problems. Priory enjoyed a brief spell of pressure resulting in a couple of chances, but found Chamberlain and the defence of Sharp, Silcox, Maidment and Grimes a formidable barrier.

Weston eventually got their fifth after more superb work from Mogg resulted in Pratt finishing crisply. Town wrapped up the win with a splendid goal from Maidment after good work from Murphy and Marshall.

Man of the match went to Tyler Mogg for his superb wing play.

ST JOHNS Under-15s went behind to an early goal against Nailsea, but recovered to win 4-1.

Saints replied with good play from Khalil Al-Hoori who equalised and then Jake Willcox scored to give St Johns a 2-1 lead at the break.

In the second half, St Johns scored again with another goal by Willcox to extend their lead. This seemed to spur on Nailsea and they hit back with a goal of their own five minutes later.

It looked like St Johns might let the lead slip away, but a great solo effort by Willcox restored Saints’ two goal lead and gave Jake his hat-trick. This seemed to seal the win for St Johns, but a late attack and a goal by Antonio Rodriguez, put the result beyond doubt.

The manager and team would like to thank sponsors Specsavers and their supporters.

BURNHAM Under-15s went into this game trying to maintain their 100 per cent record after beating Burnham Athletic 8-1 the previous week.

Weston Crusaders were always going to be a greater threat and along with Burnham are likely to be one of favourites for the league title. As anticipated it was a physical battle and the whole Burnham team rose to the challenge.

After a tight first-half, the midfield five of Darren, Charie Hughes, JC, H and JP began to dictate play and went into the break 1-0 up thanks to goal by Charlie Hughes.

The second half started the same way with Chaz, Kyle and Rhys preventing any real threat of conceding and Jack giving a confident display in goal. Going forward, Burnham looked more dangerous with Charlie Harding dominant. Two further goals followed, both to the hard-working Dan.

Joint men of the match were awarded to Charlie Harding and Jack Manlow.

YATTON Under-11s started this game with long spells in Portisheads’ half, going on to win 4-0.

A good pass from Jefferies saw Carpenter score the first goal, with McDermott slotting in the second shortly afterwards.

The second half saw Yatton in defiant mood with a goalmouth scramble leading to Jefferies securing a goal. The final goal resulted from a well-struck shot from Gentry which rebounded off the bar, giving him a second chance to find the net.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter