Hutton juniors go clear at the top

HUTTON Under-12s continued their unbeaten run with a 1-0 win at home against Burnham United, and find themselves three points clear at the top with a game in hand.

HUTTON Under-12s continued their unbeaten run with a 1-0 win at home against Burnham United, and find themselves three points clear at the top with a game in hand.

Hutton started well and the midfield combination of James Chudley, Zak Westwood, Charlie Harris and Josh Pratt attacked from the start and ran at Burnham at every opportunity, Chuds and Josh used their skills on the wings to good effect and delivered some excellent through balls for the front pairing of James Difford and Brad Cousins, Diff in this new position up front made a nuisance of himself creating some early chances and putting pressure on Burnham's keeper.

When Burnham attacked they found the defence of George Thorne, Dan Cox, Stefan Thomson-Rose and Alex Kilpatrick in fine form, clearing balls first time to safety and tackling with good effect. Dan worked extremely hard covering at the back and made some good early tackles to put a stop to Burnham's pressure. Keeper Oliver Edwards was called on in a one-on-one with Burnham's forward and blocked the ball with his feet and Dan cleared. Charlie and Zak worked well in midfield and threaded many through balls into Burnham's box. From an 18-yard box scramble, which saw a few shots deflected off defenders, Brad slotted home to give Hutton a well deserved lead at half-time.

The second half saw Matt Jones come on up front for Brad and Hutton attacked from the off and created many chances to increase their lead. Captain Diff enjoying his new role up front saw many efforts go wide or saved by the keeper.

You may also want to watch:

Burnham started to apply pressure looking for an equaliser but found the midfield four in good tackling form, they closed down and held up play with great effect. Alfie Hardy came on in midfield for Zak and shortly after Josh came off for a well earned rest and Zak slotted in at right midfield.

George passed and linked well with Chuds and Charlie went on some excellent solo runs, but found Burnham's defence standing firm.

Most Read

Well done to young referee Connor Hughes who officiated well. The AGM Services man of the match was awarded to Dan Cox.

The Under-13s lost 2-1 away to Winscombe, in what was the most challenging league game of the season.

Hutton put together a good spell of play to start the game, pressurising the Winscombe box. Lee Tinklin played a precision through ball for Sam Matthews to score for Hutton to take the lead.

Winscombe came straight back with Marcus Walters, George Micheal, Callum Cheeseman and George Garfield making some excellent tackles. Jonathan Clarkson was lively down the wing, causing the Winscombe defence problems and linking well with Anthony Badman and Leon Hele in midfield.

Winscombe started the second half strongly, equalising early on. In midfield Ben Hurst was solid, Oliver Norville, Ryan Parker worked hard to win the ball and Matt Jeffries was solid in defence with good distribution.

Winscombe kept threatening and keeper Lewis Condon made several excellent saves. Hutton attacked at every opportunity, forcing saves from the Winscombe keeper before the Winscombe pressure got the second.

The Cash Generator man of the match was George Michael

The Under-16s drew 2-2 with Clevedon United, but will feel this was two points lost rather than a point gained with the performance they produced.

Having not played since October 4, Hutton could be excused for being a little rusty but the lads put in a superb performance of flowing football that had Clevedon on the back foot for most of the game.

Clevedon also owe a great deal to their goalkeeper whom pulled off at least three unbelievable saves to deny Hutton and Childs had a cracking effort hit the underside of the bar and bounce out to safety. Goals by Brown and man of the match Brewer had given Hutton a lead but with a rare effort on goal late on Clevedon managed to snatch a point.

PRIORY Rangers Under-9s A beat Isle of Wedmore A 6-1. Priory started the game against the wind but Wedmore went on the attack first and won a corner which was cleared to a Wedmore player whose shot was well saved by keeper Ayden Chenoweth.

Priory started passing the ball about and Cai Williams set up Lewis Milkins whose shot was saved. The first goal came when Bradley Lucas won the ball in midfield and passed to Ollie Wilcox who found Lewis who scored with a great shot. The second came from a Josh Edwards throw-in deep in the Wedmore half with Bradley flicking it on for Ollie to score. Wedmore managed to pull one back late on in the first half.

Priory started the second half on the attack with Taye George winning a corner down the right. Wedmore cleared only for Bradley's cross to be put into the Wedmore net from one of their players. A Nathan Langdon pass found Cai who scored the fourth. After a great tackle in the Wedmore box, Bradley scored number five and Ollie got number six after beating two defenders.

A great save from Ayden denied Wedmore getting their second late on. The man of the match was Josh Edwards for a great performance in defence.

WESTON Crusaders Under-12s beat Clevedon Town 6-2. Crusaders starting line up of keeper Sam, defence Glen, Liam, George, Anthony, midfielders Matty, Lucas, Cormac, and new signing Jack Edwards in his debut match, and strikers Harry and Ashley.

Crusaders started strongly and came out hungry for a win after last week's match being cancelled and immediately put Clevedon under pressure with Ashley using his speed breaking through the defence and beating the keeper to gain the lead. This starting attack spurred Crusaders and Cormac tackled hard to win the ball. Jack had a fine first performance working hard in midfield. Clevedon returned pressure and some great defence work by Glen, Anthony, George and Liam ensured that keeper Sam had a relatively quiet first half. Midfielders Matty, Jack, Cormac and Lucas pushed hard providing the ball for Ashley and Harry.

Charlie came on to provide Lucas with a well earned break. Some great team work saw Ashley push Crusaders further out in front. Matty showed some great determination and this paid off when he added his name to the score sheet. Tom then came on in midfield to give Matty a rest and Ben provided Liam with a break and despite some great football from both teams the half time score remained 3-0 to Crusaders.

The second half saw Lucas and Matty come back on to the pitch and Harry took a short break. Clevedon battled hard eager to regain possession and Crusaders battled hard. Clevedon were awarded a free kick and and scored. With some good work throughout the team Ashley went forward to increase Crusaders lead, Billy, Harry and Liam returned to the pitch and Glen, Matty and Jack took a break.

Crusaders pushed forward and the team changes allowed Harry to push forward with Ashley to score his fourth goal of the match. Clevedon however did not give up and their persistence and energy paid off when following a good attack Crusaders scored an own goal trying to clear the line.

Harry kept pushing forward from right midfield and played some fantastic football to increase the lead with a header from a corner and end the game 6-2 in Crusaders favour. Crusaders man of the match went to Cormac Anderson.

The Under-14s went down 7-1 at home to unbeaten table-toppers Clevedon United. The visitors took an early lead, but the home side battled well with the midfield of Ryan Elkins, Mike Dancer, Joe Godfrey and Cyrus Molton carving out a few chances that the strike partnership of James Lawrence and Kieren White worked hard to convert, but they were up against a tight defence that gave little away. Clevedon used the wind and low sun to their advantage scoring a further two goals.

Crusaders started the second half brightly and got themselves back into the game when James Lawrence picked up Ryan Elkin's through ball to finish smartly. This was a good period for Crusaders during which they dominated play, and with a little more luck and confidence in front of goal, they might well have levelled the scores.

As it was the visitors began to press the back line of Tom Light, Callum Climo, Jack Bridgman and Billy Morrissey who had to be at their best to keep them at bay, while keeper Ben Lampon was called on to make some smart saves.

A number of injuries and illness had left Crusaders' squad depleted and further injuries during the match meant that options were limited. However, changes in players and formation were made with Callum Wilson coming on in defence and doing a sound job and Mike Hosey battling well in midfield. The teams were fairly evenly matched for most of the game but the clinical finishing and physical strength of the visitors took its toll and they scored three goals in quick succession to effectively kill the game off and were awarded a penalty in the last minute to end the scoring. Joe Godfrey's determined and tireless performance earned him the Formula 1st man of the match award. Referee Geoff Stevens had a fine game.

The Under-11s remain unbeaten after a 14-2 victory over Worle.

For Crusaders, keeper George Andrews performed confidently, while defenders Will Corderoy, Macauley Priestley, Lewis Davidson, David Weaden and Oliver Coombes had terrific games. In midfield, Adam Elkins, Been Eades, Alex Francis and Louis Harper dominated possession as they created chances for the strike quartet of Nathaniel Groom, Luke Fowler, Toby Herbert and Jordan Humphris.

Goalscorers were Nathaniel Groom (5), Luke Fowler (3), Toby Herbert (2), Ben Eades, Jordan Humphris, David Weaden and an own goal.

Worle battled to the end and were rewarded with two late goals. Crusaders man of the match was awarded to striker Nathaniel Groom.

BANWELL Under-10s A were pushed to their limits by a well organised Yatton team. Banwell worked hard to break down Yatton through the strong midfield of Charlie Camper and Billy Berry.

Luke Edwards had a difficult job to mark a key Yatton player and did a great job to deny him for the game. The first goal came from a well placed ball by Billy Berry through to Sam White, who scored to give Banwell the lead at half time.

Banwell's defence of James Hart, Connor Burns and Ryan Hastewell performed well in the first half but struggled to deal with Yatton in the second half as Banwell gifted them two easy goals. Jack Partridge made a number of saves from close range but struggled to deal with the wind which caught him out with one of the goals. Yatton looked certain to take all three points until a late corner from Luke Edwards was deflected into the Yatton net for an own goal to give Banwell a 2-2 draw.

The Cube @ Morse's man of the match went to James Hart for a solid performance in defence.

The B team conceded straight away from the kick-off after giving possession away. Banwell then dominated with some fantastic play which saw Max Bretherton forcing two great saves from the Yatton keeper followed by a number of chances for Kaan Berk.

Mathew Gilmore and Harrison Giles worked hard in midfield to win possession but the pace of the Yatton forward was hard for the defence of Jamie Jenkins and Ben Vernon to deal with. Steven Baker was given the job of man marking Yatton's main threat and did a great job. Ben Meakin continued with some great saves before Steven Baker played Max Bretherton through to score for Banwell. The match ended 3-1 to Yatton.

The Cube @ Morse's man of the match went to Steven Baker for an excellent game, special mention to Ben Meakin for a great game in goal.

KEWSTOKE Under-12s beat Yatton 2-1 with both sides creating a number of chances in the first half but excellent judgement and good awareness from both keepers resulted in a goalless first half.

Yatton had a pacy forward line and Eddie Edwards and Sean McCarthy did a fantastic job in covering and pushing on when the chance arose. In the second half Cearon Brown gave Kewstoke the lead showing good awareness to pounce on a loose ball. Connor Harding and Ashley Richardson worked hard in midfield and Will O'Hagan won a number of headers to keep the pressure on Yatton.

Stephen Bungay also went close with a well struck shot. The second goal came from good work between Thomas Edwards and Kristian Bell with Lewys Hunt applying the finish.

The game looked far from won though and Yatton caught Kewstoke out from a quick throw-in and the game remained end to end for the last five minutes.

WORLEJuniors Under-10s held a sponsorship raffle where 30 local businesses entered for the chance to win main sponsor with six runners-up.

Winner of the main sponsorship deal was Lynn Koen owner of The Lapa furniture shop, Locking Road, opposite Tescos.

Worle Juniors would like to thank all the local businesses that entered in the raffle, their support is much appreciated.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus