Hutton pipped in short mat final
Hutton finish as runners-up in Kewstoke Small Mat Bowls Club annual tournament.
KEWSTOKE Small Mat Bowls Club held their annual fours tournament with 16 teams competing from Bristol, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and four local teams from North Somerset.
The competition was hotly contested with three of the four semi-finalists winning all of their games in the round robin. The semi-final between Baltonsborough and local team Hutton was a close game ending with a 10-all draw. A deciding end was played with Hutton taking just one shot to take them into the final
The other semi-finalists were Stanford-in-the-Vale, (Oxfordshire) and Highbridge. This also was a close game with some very good bowling, but in the end last year’s runner-ups Stanford won 7-5 to meet Hutton in the final.
In the final, there was some excellent bowling between these two teams, but in the end the Oxfordshire four won 10-5.
The whole day went well and many players said how much they had enjoyed their day. A raffle was held during the day, which raised �165 for Kewstoke Junior Football Club. A big thank you to all those who contributed to a successful day.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 6 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year