Hutton pipped in short mat final
Hutton finish as runners-up in Kewstoke Small Mat Bowls Club annual tournament.
KEWSTOKE Small Mat Bowls Club held their annual fours tournament with 16 teams competing from Bristol, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and four local teams from North Somerset.
The competition was hotly contested with three of the four semi-finalists winning all of their games in the round robin. The semi-final between Baltonsborough and local team Hutton was a close game ending with a 10-all draw. A deciding end was played with Hutton taking just one shot to take them into the final
The other semi-finalists were Stanford-in-the-Vale, (Oxfordshire) and Highbridge. This also was a close game with some very good bowling, but in the end last year’s runner-ups Stanford won 7-5 to meet Hutton in the final.
In the final, there was some excellent bowling between these two teams, but in the end the Oxfordshire four won 10-5.
You may also want to watch:
The whole day went well and many players said how much they had enjoyed their day. A raffle was held during the day, which raised �165 for Kewstoke Junior Football Club. A big thank you to all those who contributed to a successful day.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 7 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 10 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show