IBF world champion visits Weston
- Credit: Archant
Current IBF featherweight boxing world champion Lee Selby visited Weston recently.
WESTON boxing fans had a treat when current IBF featherweight boxing world champion Lee Selby came to visit.
Selby was in town with his Team GB amateur boxing star brother Andrew, to visit Flex Fitness Academy and Warrior Gym for their one-year anniversary at their new premises in Worle.
Lee signed lots of gloves and had plenty of pictures taken with hundreds of fans, who were queuing to meet the champion.
All proceeds from the day went to the Mary Rose appeal, which is a trust fund set up for the daughter of the late Matthew Martin, who was one of the boxing trainers at Warrior Gym. The gym managed to raise nearly £1,200 for this great cause.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in boxing or kickboxing, can come to the Warrior Gym in Coker Road, Worle, and try out any of the lessons for free or call Dean or Lewis on 01934 526744.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter