Ideal conditions at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
There were ideal conditions for the latest open match at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
AN OPEN match on the Hawthorns at Shiplate Farm Fisheries was fished in warm, dry weather with very little breeze.
Ritchie Hawkins (Bristol PO) fished the pole shallow on pellet and in the margin with worm to bag 105lb 8oz to win the match on peg nine.
Second was Steve Howell (Shiplate) peg 10, 86lb 8oz, followed by Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) peg14, 82lb. Silvers went to Gordon Jones (Shiplate) peg 3, 13lb 2oz.
Somerset based match group HLS fished a match on the Main Lake. Steve King fished pellet on the feeder alternating with paste on the pole to win the match on peg one with 164lb 10oz.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Steve Meaker peg 11, 113lb 4oz, with Roger Coombes peg 6, 72lb 4oz in third. Silvers went to Bob Pascoe on peg 13a, 52lb 2oz.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Changes to bus services in Weston