Ideal conditions at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
There were ideal conditions for the latest open match at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
AN OPEN match on the Hawthorns at Shiplate Farm Fisheries was fished in warm, dry weather with very little breeze.
Ritchie Hawkins (Bristol PO) fished the pole shallow on pellet and in the margin with worm to bag 105lb 8oz to win the match on peg nine.
Second was Steve Howell (Shiplate) peg 10, 86lb 8oz, followed by Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) peg14, 82lb. Silvers went to Gordon Jones (Shiplate) peg 3, 13lb 2oz.
Somerset based match group HLS fished a match on the Main Lake. Steve King fished pellet on the feeder alternating with paste on the pole to win the match on peg one with 164lb 10oz.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Steve Meaker peg 11, 113lb 4oz, with Roger Coombes peg 6, 72lb 4oz in third. Silvers went to Bob Pascoe on peg 13a, 52lb 2oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary