Ideal conditions for junior match
There were ideal conditions for Weston Sea Angling Association’s junior open match.
WESTON Sea Angling Association held their annual junior open match, with 31 keen anglers, aged from four to 15-years-old, turning out for an early start.
The conditions were ideal and there were plenty of fish to be caught including bass, whiting, flounder and conger.
Twenty-two anglers landed fish and first, with 11 bass, a whiting and a flounder was Cally-Rose Bullock, who was presented with a mountain bike worth over £400 and kindly sponsored by John May of Winscombe.
Second was Ryan Frewin, who landed 10 bass and a whiting and he was rewarded with a top class rod. Third was Marli Garrard with five bass, a whiting and a flounder. All the fish that were landed were returned alive to the water.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank all the sponsors who supported this match.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud