Ideal conditions for junior match
There were ideal conditions for Weston Sea Angling Association’s junior open match.
WESTON Sea Angling Association held their annual junior open match, with 31 keen anglers, aged from four to 15-years-old, turning out for an early start.
The conditions were ideal and there were plenty of fish to be caught including bass, whiting, flounder and conger.
Twenty-two anglers landed fish and first, with 11 bass, a whiting and a flounder was Cally-Rose Bullock, who was presented with a mountain bike worth over £400 and kindly sponsored by John May of Winscombe.
Second was Ryan Frewin, who landed 10 bass and a whiting and he was rewarded with a top class rod. Third was Marli Garrard with five bass, a whiting and a flounder. All the fish that were landed were returned alive to the water.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank all the sponsors who supported this match.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset