International coach at Alstone
HORSE RIDING - EVER wanted to learn how to showjump like the stars?
EVER wanted to learn how to showjump like the stars? Then get down to Alstone Court Riding Establishment in Highbridge, where an internationally acclaimed riding coach has been hired to raise the bar for horse riding in the South West.
Erica Oldham, one of the UK's most qualified show jumping instructors, will now be on hand to give riders in the local area and from further afield a leg up with their equestrian skills.
Erica, who is one of seven UKC 3 British Show Jumping Association qualified coaches in the whole of the country and who also holds British Horse Society Assistant Instructor certification, comes with a wealth of experience from diverse areas such as race yards, pony club and even as former coach to the Royal Marines Saddle Club.
Erica says: "I'm really thrilled to join Alstone to help encourage riders to become more confident and to work on the skills involved to achieve that. My specialist area is sports psychology. My sessions are designed to empower riders with the knowledge and experience to produce consistent, confident controlled and, if they wish, competitive results.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great sport for young people to get involved with and helps promote a healthy, happy lifestyle, which is so important for today's children who are at risk of issues such as obesity. We are so lucky in this area to have so much beautiful countryside to enjoy and there's no better way to experience the country than from the back of a horse."
As a trainer she has worked on many well known events such as Badminton and Olympia. She has also spent the last six months based at an international event yard in Gloucestershire, providing training for horse and rider at home and abroad.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show
- 9 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 10 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
So if you're looking to brush up on those show jumping skills, or have always fancied learning to ride, get down to Alstone Court where you can now get the international seal of approval.