International defender killed in bike crash
A FORMER Weston footballer has been killed in a motorbike crash.
Guadeloupe international Ludovic Quistin, aged 28, died on Monday following an accident in Bouliqui on the Grande Terre Island.
Quistin, who is Tottenham Hostspur and France defender William Gallas’ cousin, made eight appearances for the Seagulls during the first half of the 2008/09 season.
The defender represented several non-league clubs including FC United of Manchester, Swindon Supermarine and Boston United. He was also capped nine times by his country.
A club spokesman said: “The club are deeply saddened to hear of the reported death of former Seagulls defender, Ludovic Quistin.
You may also want to watch:
“The thoughts of everyone at the club are with the Quistin family.”
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Sharon cooks thousands of meals throughout coronavirus lockdown – despite breaking her arm while fundraising