Investment pays off at Shiplate
Significant investment at Shiplate Farm Fisheries has seen the venue becoming more popular.
IN these difficult financial times it is good to see a business progressing and pushing forward.
Shiplate Farm has invested in a lot of physical hard work and determination. Steve and Carol Oliver have taken a decision to invest in significant additional stock for their fishery in Bleadon.
The new stock has come from a well-known fish stockist, Quiet Sports in Ipswich, and owner Steve Barnes, brought the delivery of several hundred young carp in person.
While some businesses have struggled to survive and many fisheries have been put up for sale, it seems that Shiplate Farm Fishery is on the up and becoming a successful business.
You may also want to watch:
Weston AA fished the next leg in their series at Shiplate Farm in dry but breezy conditions.
The 12 anglers fished in the lee of the wind on the Westpool making the weather positively balmy for the exciting match that resulted in only two ounces separating first and second place.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
Results: Steve Howell (peg 7) 40lb 6oz; Ron Stark (peg 5) 40lb 4oz; Dom Sullivan (peg 9) 37lb 2oz; Johnny Page (peg 11) 25lb 14oz; Gordon Jones (peg 13) 24lb 8oz; Simon Ryall (peg 3) 23lb 14oz; Jeff Wye (peg 14) 22lb; Paul Hawkins (peg 15) 15lb 1oz; Roy Ede (peg 6) 13lb 4oz; Johnny Thorne (peg 10) 11lb; Ron Mortimer (peg 1) 8lb 12oz; Titch Williams dnw. Silvers went to Jeff Wye with 10lb 4oz.